This Week’s Hacks
- Had fun meeting Derrick Hall, the Dbacks’ very gracious Team President, on Monday. Still working on a more substantitive writeup covering our discussion. Nothing earth shattering, but we had points of agreement and made "concessions" that might interest some Diamondback fans. Sorry about the delay on this, as I’ve been pulled away recently by an almost biological lure to post Alicia Silverstone pictures.
- My first hand sights and sounds from Tuesday’s David v Goliath NIT opener, across the pond in Tempe.
- I only fill out one NCAA bracket each year, and when I went to bed last night, was tied for third (out of 245 competitors). Today, however, has not been a Good Friday.
- Me mum and I are mad keen for Fresh & Easy, Britain’s foray into the US grocery market, um, market. So far, it’s more fresh than easy, but if their clarks keep spitting up 2 quid 50p coupons at us like Prince Fielder spits sunflower seeds, then blimey, we’ll put petrol in the Jag and pay these blokes a call most every fortnight!
- Decent folk fatigued by my stridently finicky Cactus League reviews may find this balanced critique from Tracy @ Chicks Dig The Long Ball welcome relief.
- Speaking of Tracy, Chad isnt coming back anytime soon.
- And thanks to Paul for recommending The Mind of Bill James by Scott Gray. Not sure it debunks Moneyball convincingly, or even intends to, but old time James disciples like me appreciate the copious quotes from our crisp thinking, contrarian hero stuffed throughout the book.